If you are a motivated civil engineering graduate, then welcome to the Schick Civil team. We are looking for the future leaders of our business that will deliver on our vision of supporting future generations.
We want a unique skill set and we set the bar high. If you are fortunate enough to be join the team, your development will deliberate and planned through a well supported programme that will build the skills and experience you need to succeed and we need for you to deliver.
If you are completing a Bachelor's in Civil Engineering and think that you are the right person to be part of our team, applications are now open until the 10th of April. We look forward to hearing from you.
You will experience
- A 12-month, structured development programme
- Rotations through the company’s business units and secondment opportunities with our partners to build a range of experience across the industry
- Learn real skills and a solid understanding of how engineering applies to civil construction
- Mentoring support from our experienced civil engineers and contract managers
- Opportunities to gain further formal industry certifications and civil skills
- Internal development training building on leadership skills and capability
- A “shadow a leader” programme spending time with senior leaders as they manage strategic aspects of the business
You will love this job if you
- Are practically minded and like seeing the physical results of your efforts on projects
- Enjoy being in a team, you take initiative, and like to get things done
- Are a natural problem solver and like creating well thought out solutions
- Have good time management skills and an ability to prioritise tasks
- Have a safety mindset, can identify hazards and plan to minimise risk
- Are a good communicator and aren't afraid to speak up or ask questions
- Enjoy collaborating with a range of people who are involved with a project
How we will support you
- Be part of a construction team building interesting and challenging projects
- Develop insights of how civil works are built from plan to completion
- Take advantage of internal training and development programmes
- Develop insights of the various aspects of project planning and implementation
- Support to complete industry qualifications and certificates
- A jovial work atmosphere, social and team sporting events.
- Generous benefits programme and salary package
What you will need to be a success
- Graduating with Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Have completed student placement hours working on civil construction projects
- Full Class 1 license driver's license preferred
- Holding a Class 2 and WTR an advantage
- Reliable transport
- Available for full time work in November 2020
- Eligible to work in New Zealand
What we like to see
- A background in team sports.
- Have a good grade average in your studies
- a practical, hands on mindset, like to build things.
- Be a good communicator
- Be involved in your community
- Have farming or building background
About Schick Civil
Schick Civil is a growing civil infrastructure company based in the Waikato but spread across the central north island and Christchurch. We are not about standing still, we are about building for the long term. We aim to deliver solutions for our customers that exceed their expectations, provide stable work and growth opportunities for our staff, support our suppliers and partners in their own success and contribute to the communities and environment that we live and work.