If you are a motivated civil engineering graduate, then we would love to welcome you to the Schick Civil team.
You will receive:
- A 2-year, structured development programme
- Rotations through the company’s business units and secondment opportunities with our industry partners to build a range of experience across the civil infrastructure industry
- Opportunities to learn real skills and a to build solid understanding of how engineering applies to civil construction
- Mentoring from our experienced civil engineers and contract managers
- Opportunities to gain formal industry certifications and civil qualifications
- Internal training on general career and management skills
Available to tertiary students undertaking civil engineering related studies.
2024 Application Window: TBC
The Internship includes:
- 10-week paid internship with rotations through the company’s business units
- Being part of the construction team building challenging projects
- Learning real skills and a solid understanding of how engineering applies to civil construction projects
- Opportunities to gain formal industry certifications and civil skills
- Intern development sessions focused on general career skills
Apprenticeships & Traineeships
Build your future from the ground up with our apprenticeships and traineeship programmes.
A great way to combine paid work, practical experience in the industry and training and development opportunities.
Our approach at Schick is a mix of on-the-job learning with off-job courses throughout the programmes to help grow you into experts in your trade.
Schick Civil is committed to supporting school leavers who aspire to build a career as a Civil Engineer. Our scholarship programme offers both financial support and work experience, to give recipients the best chance of succeeding in their chosen field.
Our scholarship recipients will be provided one-on-one mentoring, to guide them through their time with Schick, while they study, and help them build a career pathway.
Schick Civil has a vision of supporting future generations, therefore we believe in investing in the young people within our communities and helping them grow their careers in the civil construction industry. We are proud to offer gateway work experience, casual work experience (including school holiday work), and summer work experience.
Who is eligible?
- Anyone over the age of 15 who can complete holiday work in the Waikato, Christchurch, Nelson or Blenheim areas.